Wednesday, January 24, 2007

A Tribute to Snow

January 10 marked the morning I awoke to the heap of snow which hide my car and it tore my heart out tonight to see the last patch of snow melting from my front lawn. We've shared many great memmories:

The Day I skied...
Fresh snow, blue skies, open slopes could a stressed out twenty something ask for anything more.

The Day my Car skied...
Melting snow can create some hazards but, we get along when we have too.

The day I skied to work...
Why? Sussex St. not an ideal resort for the skiing enthusiast but the faces of unbelief from passing motorists, side walk shovlers and motorists I'm passing is well worth the cost of a P-tex repair job.

And finally the Epic Friesen sled run reborn...

Need I say more?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ED5GkIckek4

In mememmory Snow Jan 10 - Jan 24, 2007 M.I.P.

(Not to be confused with the Licky boom boom down guy)
http://www.jivemagazine.com/column.php?pid=2264

6 Comments:

Blogger Aaron said...

That's a great photo of you and John coming down the toboggan run ;) That was good times that afternoon - my leg still is recovering from my incident with the stump.

January 24, 2007 at 9:10:00 PM PST  
Blogger Nat said...

Ahh the Friesen sled run - I remember it well. I'm glad it got resurected. Great video!

January 25, 2007 at 4:48:00 PM PST  
Blogger Jana said...

I loved the picture! And hey, we have more than enough snow to go around… want some of Saskatoon’s?!?
Please, take it.

January 29, 2007 at 9:38:00 PM PST  
Blogger Mindy said...

Sweet photo! i love your tribute to snow. Yesterday I shoveled my whole big driveway, and I still love the snow!

February 14, 2007 at 6:43:00 PM PST  
Blogger tante johanna said...

that was marvelous!

April 8, 2007 at 11:52:00 PM PDT  
Blogger Gary Benninger said...

Snow makes winter not boring. People just don't get it. For all those snow lovers out there:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5ktgK0H2JE4

February 13, 2011 at 9:14:00 AM PST  

Post a Comment

<< Home