Thursday, September 21, 2006

Grade 7 Spelling Test

My sister 'chell' was over from the island for my Grandma's 90th birthday (Ya, Grandma!). As a dedicated teacher she was marking her Grade 7 spelling test and I thought why not give 'er a shot. How bad could it be the class average was 80%.

peter the humble husband decide to follow suit spelling everything backwards. I asked if I could take the test using Word. 20 words later and a pass of the human scantron revealed my lack of talent for such activities. The totals peter 85% - Moo 55% - Moaw the cat 0%

Please try not to laugh too hard... the poor cat couldn't even hold the pen.

Perhaps, 'Chell you could post the words in the comments and all you faithful can try the test (no cheating! get your roommate/sister/cat/dad to read the words to you)

Let me know how you do...(unless you did really well)

8 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

All right, but this is our current spelling test. Different words, same difficulty. Now you can't cheat. Got to get someone else to read these out to you. Be sure that they use #5 in a sentence.

Ready?

1. cancellation, 2. drizzle, 3. possession, 4. succulent, 5. wholly, 6. acceptance, 7. corrupt, 8. immigration, 9. boycott, 10. summon, 11. cordially, 12. immense, 13. successive, 14. oppress, 15. withholding, 16. assistance, 17. depression, 18. necessity, 19. commissioner, 20. suppress.

September 24, 2006 at 9:52:00 PM PDT  
Blogger Unknown said...

BTW.
Moaw is spelled "Mao". But nice try.

September 24, 2006 at 9:54:00 PM PDT  
Blogger Z. said...

Kristin got 18 out of 20, but should have gotten 17 because she thought "wholly" should have an "e" in it somewhere. Unfortunately, we couldn't test me, because I had already read the words. Darn. :)

September 26, 2006 at 7:00:00 PM PDT  
Blogger Emily said...

well I know I am a sucky speller so I am not even going there, but i am interested to hear that you have a cat named Mao, so do we (my family). Ours is named in homage to Mao Zedong chinese communist leader, we also had a Chow dog named Shanki on homage to Maos political enimy Chiang Kai-Shek. What can I say, my dad is a military history buff.

September 27, 2006 at 10:57:00 AM PDT  
Blogger k&s said...

so i got 19/20- "suppress" surprised me with its 2 p's- but i should have caught on by then that the test had double consonants as a theme.

the spelling queen,
steph h.

September 28, 2006 at 10:07:00 PM PDT  
Blogger Meandering Michael said...

I'd be curious to know the, uh, bad Grade 7 kids had more success spelling "possession", "summon(s)" and "withholding".

Or maybe that's more of a Grade 8 thing.

October 17, 2006 at 10:35:00 AM PDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Legend has that Mao (the cat) named himself. It is not certain whether it was an homage to the Chairman, or if he was simply hungry...

October 19, 2006 at 8:25:00 PM PDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

September was your last entry. I guess your really busy or just not much happen'n......how was your trip?

November 1, 2006 at 10:18:00 PM PST  

Post a Comment

<< Home